Sales Development program for a US-based global leader in industrial chemical manufacturing
Create a world class sales organization which puts its customers at the heart and which can sell the unique value the company brings to the table at the right price (Value Selling). At the same time enforce internal collaboration between all functions to support Sales, stay ahead of competition and to meet future demand.
- Value Principles Workshop with the Management Team to ensure a common understanding of Value Selling and its consequences for value creation and controlling in the entire organization. And to agree on direction and content of training modules for Sales and other market-facing functions (incl. Technical Service) and additional Marketing & Sales initiatives.
- Design and implementation of business specific training modules in Europe:
- Module 1 – Building Momentum: Opening the sales force for the training program, creating excitement and willingness to learn, MBTI® application for Sales, value principles as defined in the management team workshop, business specific negotiation role plays, understanding the purchaser’s perspective in negotiations, psychological pricing tactics
- Module 2 – Value Touchdown: Training on preparing negotiations with our Value Touchdown methodology, business-specific role plays, price increase toolbox, price fairness, designing a negotiation choreography for a real-life negotiation case
- Module 3 – Value Selling: Value Selling methodology for commodity, specialty, semi-specialty and solution businesses, learning to say no, Value Selling Tools, Value Card development and roll-out definition, business specific role plays
- Module 4 (in preparation): Managing tough negotiations and mean negotiation tactics
- Design and implementation of business specific training modules in North America:
- Module 1 – Building Momentum for Value Selling: Pricing and profit basics, the purchaser’s perspective in negotiations, MBTI® application for selling, business-specific role plays, Value Selling, Value Card development and roll-out definition
- Module 2 – Preparing Value Selling: Identifying MBTI® types, Reminder on Value Selling Tools, Value Touchdown methodology, business specific role plays, designing a negotiation choreography for a real-life negotiation case.
- Module 3 (in preparation): Managing tough negotiations and mean negotiation tactics
- As an outcome of the Value Selling modules:
- Development and roll-out of Value Cards for most important products and new developments
- Defining service catalogue
- In preparation: Value Selling booklet / manual for Sales
- Value-centered organization
- Full engagement and motivation of Sales and technical functions
- New ways of working and better alignment between R&D, Technical Service, Marketing and Sales
- Significantly enhanced negotiation capabilities, even for well experienced sales managers
- New tools implemented for value creation and communication: Value Cards
- Better price enforcement and higher profitability